Being creative can be tough when you’re stuck at home with nothing to do, but never fear, but I’ve got your back! I am constantly stuck at home with no money and no desire to leave so I’ve come up with various ways to get creative at home and keep you from dying of boredom. Creativity can make you feel better about yourself because you’re creating all these different outcomes with just you as the motivation to keep going!
1. Start a DIY project. DIY projects are amazing at home ways to get creative. You can do so many things with stuff you have laying around the house. I’ve made makeup organizers from boxes before and I use them for tons of my makeup now! As the saying goes, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
2. Write in your journal. Writing is such an amazing outlet. Being able to express yourself where no one else can judge you is such a great way to release stress, sadness, anger, and even joy. I have a journal where I just jot down whatever is on my mind with no rhyme or reason for the way it’s written.
3. Paint canvases for your loved ones. Painting is one of my favorite de-stressors! I can paint whatever I want. I can paint for my loved ones like I mentioned or just for myself. I love listening to music and then painting lyrics with little pictures to go along with them. It makes for such an awesome feeling of relaxation.
4. Make up a dance routine to your favorite song. Dancing is something I love to do all the time. Whether I’m dancing around at work while in the kitchen, dancing while cleaning my house, or dancing before I’m hanging out with my friends, you can probably find me dancing at least once a day. It’s great exercise and it’s so much fun.
5. Redecorate. Redecorating always makes me love my space that much more. Whether it’s hanging up the canvases you just painted or moving around all your furniture, redecorating can make any place feel brand new. I love making an area look brand new by just moving some stuff and hanging up some photos.
6. Create a new recipe. Cooking is a great way to pass the time and be creative. Sometimes we’re just cooking some noodles for ramen but we can come up with so many different recipes with things we have just lying around our kitchen. Look in your cabinets and let the your taste buds be the guinea pigs.
7. Make a photo collage of your day. Documenting that day can be done through more than just writing. You can take photos of all your day’s activities in creative ways and put them together for the picture Instagram photo. Take a photo of your morning coffee, your workout outfit, or even the book you’re reading with a far shot of your fluffy pajamas.
Being able to have fun at home is one of the greatest things ever if you take advantage of it. That’s why you’ve got to get creative. Try some of these things whenever you need a little boost or just something to keep your juices flowing.
Any link marked with * is an affiliate link.