A lot of people say they regret decisions they’ve made in their life. Whether it was eating that cheeseburger this afternoon or breaking up with your long-term boyfriend of seven years, you can probably think of something that you wish you hadn’t done. Well, I’m here to focus on the positives of moving forward. I’m going to share with you guys 10 things that I don’t regret doing in my life. Whether you see it as a bad move or not, the things that I’ve listed have made me into the person I am today and I’m pretty proud of that woman.
- I don’t regret breaking off my first and only engagement. Believe it or not, I’ve been engaged before. It was probably the worst decision I’ve ever made in my life and it is something that I definitely do not regret breaking off. The guy I was engaged to treated me awful and it was an extremely toxic relationship.
- I don’t regret enjoying myself at every all you can eat buffet ever. As Tallahassee said in Zombieland, “You’ve got to enjoy the little things.” Buffets are a fabulous gift from God that need to be fully taken advantage of… especially when they are filled with any type of Asian food.
- I don’t regret spending a little extra on things I didn’t necessarily need. Even though makeup isn’t a necessity and I don’t need four hundred different shirts with my sorority one them, I still want them. I work and I pay my bills before all else but I definitely do splurge on things occasionally. Don’t judge me. 😛
- I don’t regret going back to someone who previously broke my heart. My current boyfriend is the single most amazing man I’ve ever been with. He treats me the best I have ever been treated and, surprisingly enough, he broke my heart a while before we ever got together. I gave him another chance and he hasn’t taken it for granted.
- I don’t regret moving into the dorms when I could have stayed home. I always wanted the college experience like everyone else. I lived down the road from my university, but I still wanted to see what living in the dorms was like. So, no, I don’t regret spending way too much money to live in a tiny room with a random stranger.
- I don’t regret dropping people who were once good friends. Even the best of friends can change. I’ve had many of my best friends turn into people that I just do not care to associate with anymore. I definitely don’t regret leaving them in my past and moving forward with new people.
- I don’t regret joining a sorority my senior year of college. Everyone is like, “Why would you join a sorority with only a year and a half left of school?!” Well, because I wanted to. I had always wanted to but never had the guts to do it. I finally took the jump into recruitment this past semester and made my home in the Epsilon Omicron chapter of Alpha Delta Pi.
- I don’t regret staying at my job even though I don’t need to. I currently work at the local Sonic Drive-In in my town. Some days I love it, some days I hate it. It’s a fast food job so it’s not the most glamourous work out there but my co-workers are what keep me around. I love them and, even though I could survive without the money, I just enjoy being there.
- I don’t regret planning spontaneous trips to see Beartooth. I don’t have to go to concerts. I don’t have to see the same band multiple times when I can listen to them on my phone as many time as I want. I do it because it’s my favorite band and I love the feeling of being at a live performance of some of my favorite music.
- I don’t regret changing my major to special education. This is probably one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my life. Even though I changed my major twice, I wouldn’t take it back for anything. I only added one extra semester to my college career and I’ll have the best career in the entire world.
Any link marked with * is an affiliate link.