Heeeeello everyone! I can’t believe it has been so long since I’ve gotten to sit down and blog. I miss you all so much. I hate that I get so busy during the semesters but such is life – you gotta do what you gotta do! Plus, adding being in a sorority to my plate really didn’t help my already busy schedule.
Let me just give you a little peep into what a week in the “Life of Kimberly” REALLY looks like:
- Monday: Classes from 8:30am-2:45pm with a 40-minute break for lunch from 12:20pm-1pm, SCEC meetings will be held on this day (previously had them on Fridays but our info meeting was on a Monday)
- Tuesday: Class from 9:30am-10:45am then a loooong break until 5pm where I have a night class from 5pm-8pm; during my break I normally do homework or I have things that I have to do (e.g. I went to an education abroad workshop this past Tuesday during my break and I’ve also had meetings with friends/peers during that time when I can fit it in)
- Wednesday: Classes from 8:30am-2:45pm again with that same break but I may or may not work a closing shift that night (normally like 4pm or 5pm to close, which is 11pm but I won’t normally leave until almost midnight); any break I get in between, or if I don’t work, will be used for homework, cleaning the apartment, running errands, etc.
- Thursday: Class from 9:30am-10:45am then I have tons of meetings to catch up on; this Thursday I have an advising session for study abroad (though I may skip this as I think the workshop helped me with all that I need), a phone interview with an organization that I’ll be a Peer Buddy for, a date with a sister, then dinner with my best friend
- Friday: Always work pretty much ALL weekend because I can’t normally work during the week (aka Monday-Thursday) and I try to work at least three days a week as much as possible; I don’t have classes on Fridays but I have job coaching for a mentor program from 2pm-3:30pm and then normally a closing shift from 4pm or 5pm to close. This week I also have an event for an organization from 12:30pm-2pm right before my job coaching
- Saturday: Usually work like 11-8 or 12-9 on this day so I wake up at like 10am-10:30am, get ready for work, and head there; once I’m off, I’ll usually clean up my apartment some and work on homework (or just pass out because I’m exhausted)
- Sunday: I can only work an opening shift on this day, which is normally 7:30-3:30, because I have meetings for my sorority every Sunday at 5pm and I have to go to them; these meetings can last any length of time and I have a “new member” type meeting shortly after our official meeting each Sunday; once I get done with all this, I’ll normally get any homework that HAS to be done by Monday finished then crash because I’ll have class at 8:30am the next morning (although now most of our classes will be “online” for the rest of the semester so I get a bit of a break from this – YAY!)
Within all of this, I have random events that happen on different nights for my sorority, different meetings/events for my other organizations, priorities that I have to complete tasks for in my officer positions, and so on… it’s really been running me into the ground here lately. I haven’t had ANY time to myself until now… and it’s 11:51pm.
HOWEVER, although stressful, this semester seems to be going well so far. All the grades I’ve gotten already have been 100s and I couldn’t be more pleased as I don’t know how I’m even surviving at this point (basically on coffee and concealer – maybe that should have been my blog’s name). I really am enjoying being a member of the Greek community and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. I’ve been buying waaay too many t-shirts to prove it! I’m super proud to have letters that I can call home and I love sharing it. My other organizations seem to be having a lot going on too, which I’m always excited about. Part of me loves when my planner is chalked full of fun things to do and the other part dreads looking at what I’ve got going on each and every day. Thankfully, I AM organized with my planner so it saves my life on a day-to-day basis.
Honestly, I really just wanted to get on here and talk to you guys. You know it’s one of my favorite things to do and I can never stop talking most of the time… heh. (Looking at my current word count of 798… oops.) So, on that note, I’m going to finish this off with a motivational quote to keep you all moving (and myself because, let’s face it, I’m basically dead right now).
“Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can do what others can’t.” – Jerry Rice
Love & positive vibes always.
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Tumblr
Any link marked with * is an affiliate link. Photo credit to an amazing ADPi sister of mine.