This month is going to be my last one in my current student teaching placement and I am already super sad about it. I have grown to love middle school so much and I’m going to miss my teacher and the kids something fierce. However, I am excited to be in an elementary school for my last two placements! I believe my first one will be 5th grade… or is it Kindergarten? Ha! I know I have both and I know I’ll do both, the question is, in what order???
This post is going to include some goals for me because you guys know that I have to write it down or I won’t do it. These are the things I want to accomplish this month, whether it be blogging-related, personal, or just random.
- Decide on a new apartment. If you didn’t know, I am looking to move into a new apartment complex as I have been having some issues with my current one and I think it would just be best if I eliminated the stress entirely. I am looking into one area that is a bit more expensive, but I’m hoping I can swing it.
- Continue blogging every other day. This is seeming like it may be impossible with my schedule, but I am going to try to crank out as many blog posts as I can over the next three days I have off at my job. I’ll be at school during the day, so I’ll have a few hours after to work on them.
- Spend more time with my puppy! My more dog probably thinks that I hate him. With me working or student teaching every single day, I hardly get to spend time with him anymore. I am currently forcing myself to stay awake just so he isn’t locked in his crate all night after being in there all day. 🙁 #horribledogmom
- Spend time with my friends. I literally have been keeping to myself 24/7 here lately and it’s starting to take a toll on me. I used to spend time with most of my friends at least every week or so and now I can’t tell you last time I saw one of my friends, except the ones I work with!
- Clean my house ENTIRELY. I have made a lot of progress with this and done a lot of steps to complete this one but I have yet to be able to thoroughly clean my apartment since I moved in as I have worked every single day, or been doing something to do with student teaching.
- Finish decorating. Although these seems a bit pointless since I’m moving in December but I’ve got all my stuff ready to hang up and complete my decor and just never can seem to find the time to do it.
- Successfully complete one season of Game of Thrones. As I am on season one, it will likely be that one. I am so busy all the time that I never have the time to just sit down and watch it, even though I’ve already fallen in love with the series after only a few episodes!
Honestly, I didn’t realize how ridiculous some of these goals are, but my life has come to this point where I have to pencil in time with my dog… that’s pretty sad. I’m hoping things will die down more after student teaching and hopefully, I’ll find a job just off the bat (although I’m not holding my breath as December grads seem to have the hardest time when it comes to education jobs).
What are your goals for this month? Leave them in the comments down below!
Any link marked with * is an affiliate link.