Although I have been having a rough time here lately, I cannot say that life has been miserable because it truly has not. I have had so many reasons to be happy and thankful for the life I have been blessed with. I am still struggling day-to-day with the loss of my mother and battling depression and anxiety along with it but I refuse to let those things control who I am and my future.
- Being dog-tackled. Whenever I came home from Ireland, my pup was so excited to see me. Literally, cannot explain the amount of joy I felt whenever I saw how happy he was to see me. It was like we were meeting for the first time all over again and it made me realize why I chose that (not-so) little pupper.
- Irish breakfast tea. Ever since I returned from being abroad, I have truly have been addicted to hot tea in the mornings. I brought quite a bit of Irish tea back and I’m going to have to order more online once I run out because I’m not sure how my mornings would go anymore without a wee cuppa tea.
- Building my crystal collection. I have been working on building my collection more and more. I started my set while in Florida with my Aunt Laurra and have just continued to get all the beauties. I have such a diverse selection that I feel truly covers the chakras as well as my own personal needs.
- New coloring books. I loooove to color. I swear that’s part of why I chose elementary as my focus in school; I’m such a big kid on the inside. I love to release stress and just make beautiful things out of something blank. I got a beautiful Celtic designs coloring at Trinity College while I was in Ireland and I also received an awesome coloring book from a friend for my birthday right before I went away. I cannot wait until I have more free time and can dig into them properly.
- Quality time with Aunt Laurra. Ever since my Momma passed, my Aunt Laurra has been my rock. She has been there to talk anytime I needed it and truly has been like a surrogate mother to me. I couldn’t ask for a more loving and caring individual to share my life with. She and my mom were extremely close and I am so grateful to say that we are just as close.
- Fixed vacuum cleaner. This may seem so simple but my lovely dog decided to chew the cord my mom’s vacuum that I inherited so I had to get one from a friend. It wasn’t working too well and wasn’t really picking up anything so I was really confused as to what was going on. However, another friend of mine and my roommate’s graciously fixed it and now my floors have never been cleaner!
Life isn’t perfect but neither am I so why fake it? I am so happy to say that the little things in life are what make life worth living. I truly hope I can continue on this path of positivity and happiness as the days go by. They say each day gets easier but I was really doubting that… until now.
Any link marked with * is an affiliate link.